Monday, January 12, 2009

Tex Wasabi's

I had to go to Sacramento for work Friday and a meeting on Monday. Chris and I decided to visit Tahoe over the weekend as neither of us have been before and we thought it perfect opportunity.


Chris got into Sacramento at about 5:30 and we decided to go to Tex Wasabi's for dinner. We are both fans of Guy Fieri and watch him on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so thought trying his restaurant would be fun.

I saw the buffalo fries on the menu and couldn't resist. There aren't many vegetarian items on menus that have buffalo wing sauce so I was pretty excited. Chris said they were 'too much', but I enjoyed them thoroughly.



Chris ordered the pork sliders and a Kemosabe Roll that had BBQ beef brisket, french fries, crispy onions & a garlic chili mayo sauce.


I got Morgan's Earthy Crunchy Roll that had crunchy tempura bits, avocado, cucumber, julienne vegetables, daikon sprouts served with a ponzu dipping sauce. It was pretty good. It was nice to have 'gringo' sushi as its called there. Chris said it was 'weird', but he liked it non the less.


No comments: