- Must be white...and yes I'm aware that is nuts.
- Not look like a traditional glider with wooden arms etc.
- Have a removeable/washable cover (see item 1).
- Must be a reasonable size..I didn't want it to take up the entire room.
- Chairs at most retailers are either junk (babies r us) or extremely expensive (pottery barn).
- To get what you want, you don't have to compromise, you just have to do it yourself.
Deciding on a chair was a no-brainer with an Ikea an hour away. The Ektorp Jennylund fit the bill perfectly. I was also able to get myself an extra cover for when the one on there needs a washing.
Chris had to cut some wood pieces in order to fit the bottom on, but it wasn't too taxing and was well worth the few hours of labor he had to put into the project.
I now have exactly what I want...and Sofie loves it too. What's even better is that it was a gift from my parents for Christmas so it was 'free' to Chris and I!