Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Journey To The Top

On Saturday morning Chris got up early and headed to Heavenly to hit the slopes. I slept in and planned to dilly dally around town and then meet up with him for lunch. I rolled over and looked at the clock and I thought it said 10:55...I jumped out of bed mad at myself for wasting time sleeping when I could be out site seeing. When I looked at the clock a second time it was about 8:15. I had looked at the radio station which is 105.5!


I took the free bus over to heavenly village and decided to go up the gondola to see South Lake Tahoe from the top of the mountain. The resort charged me $30 just to go up! I thought it was absurd, but I didn't want to go all the way there and not get some good photo's so I begrudgingly paid for the lift ticket.

The first stop off the gondola was 3/4 up the mountain and had a observer deck. The views were amazing. Everything was covered in snow and the lake was glistening in the sunlight. I spent about 45 minutes walking around and taking photos.


I then headed to the top of the mountain in hopes I'd cross paths with Chris. By the time I got up there he had already gone over to another side of the mountain to ski.


After my mountain excursion I went for a massage at a great little spa! It was my activity for the weekend. At 1pm we met up for lunch at the bottom of the Gondola. Obviously we had to hit up Fire and Ice as it was right there and we both love the food!


2 comments:

The Stitching Surgeon said...

beautiful photos! looks like you are having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!