Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's a privlege not a right...


On a day like today, so many people are saying 'I'm so glad this is almost over' and 'I'm sick of politics'....well, feeling that way is a privilege not a right! Our ability to vote is something that many have fought long and hard for us to maintain, you don't need a degree in political science to know this (although I do). When I was younger I didn't much understand the hype or the proud attitude some had about voting, but now as an adult I understand it with a vengeance. Aside from the presidential ballot, here in CA there are quite a few props that are important to me. Prop 8 will ban gay marriage in California...and that kills me. There are people all over the place with Yes on Prop 8 signs that drive me nuts, however its the people with the No On Prop 8 signs that have been catching my eye. So many of them are young kids, students, teenagers, etc... This to me is a hint that a future of understanding and acceptance may be much brighter than we think!

No comments: