Here is a list of some of my favorite things about my parents...as a couple...certainly not complete, but good for now!
- work very hard in their chosen paths - dad as a workin man and mom as a mom
- don't 'let' kids win at games - they play for real, although dads "losers/winners clean up" rule is in my opinion still stupid
- have chosen some of the most AMAZING friends in the world - when you have a small family your parents friends become your family and we've been lucky with those my parents have chosen
- aren't afraid to disagree - I hate nothing more than people agreeing with each other for the sake of agreeing
- encourage their kids to disagree (hit the jackpot with me)
- encourage their kids to be their own person, even though its challenging (ding ding on Ty)
- get upset about different things - if you did something to make one parent mad the other wouldn't be hatin on you so you ALWAYS could go to the other to escape..this sounds like it could confuse a kid, but it works for our family
- prepare for the future - but more importantly are getting better at enjoying the now
- support their vegan son and vegetarian daughter - though they are serious carnivores
- do their own thing - they don't rely on each other to solidify who they are as a person
- are parents and companions to my brother and I, but never just 'friends' with us...they'll always put us in our places
and last but not least....
they love me even when I act a fool in public, which is more than 80% of the time!