Sunday, January 2, 2011

Adventures in Truffle Oil

Every year for Christmas Chris tries to get me something to do with cooking or baking.  But not just anything, something slightly off the cuff, which  makes it fun and adds to our household collection of utensils, ingredients, and gadgets.  This year one of my food themed gifts was truffle oil.  Chris did A LOT of research on truffles and truffle oil to ensure that I got a quality product that wasn't a 'like' truffle oil sort.  He even got me a book on truffles.  While the book is interesting some of it is WAY over my head. 

With my piqued interest in Truffles I have decided that this month I am going to create 5 recipes that have truffle oil as its ingredient.  Obviously these won't be anything award winning, but it'll be my first attempt to really come up with something edible completely from the ground up.  Plus I'll get to enjoy the buttery taste of truffle oil! 

Wish me luck!

No comments: