So last night I needed to make something for dinner, but because of the Holidays our cabinets and fridge were pretty bare. I did have the ingredients to make a cream sauce so I figured why not make it a truffle one! Here is how I did it:
- I grabbed my Mastering The Art Of French Cooking Vol. 1 and looked up how to make a roux. Right there on page 56 were the basic flour to liquid ratios. Thanks Julia!
2. Then I grabbed the ingredients I figured I'd need.
- 2 tbs and 1 tsp Flour
- 1 cup Light Cream (that's all I had, otherwise I would've used heavy)
- 2 tbs Truffle Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
Garlic(I decided not to use Garlic because I was afraid it would mask the truffle flavor) 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
3. Next I put the light cream and butter in a sauce pan and melted it on med/low heat. Once combined I added the flour.
4. With the flour in there I kept stirring until completely mixed in. Next I put the cheese, stirred until melted, and then finally the Truffle Oil, stirring all the while.
5. Lastly I added salt and pepper to taste and voila it was done!