Monday, January 3, 2011

Truffle Cream Sauce

So last night I needed to make something for dinner, but because of the Holidays our cabinets and fridge were pretty bare.  I did have the ingredients to make a cream sauce so I figured why not make it a truffle one! Here is how I did it:
  1. I grabbed my Mastering The Art Of French Cooking Vol. 1 and looked up how to make a roux.  Right there on  page 56 were the basic flour to liquid ratios.  Thanks Julia!

2. Then I grabbed the ingredients I figured I'd need.  
  • 2 tbs and 1 tsp Flour
  • 1 cup Light Cream (that's all I had, otherwise I would've used heavy)
  • 2 tbs Truffle Oil
  • 1 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Garlic (I decided not to use Garlic because I was afraid it would mask the truffle flavor)
    2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

3.  Next I put the light cream and butter in a sauce pan and melted it on med/low heat.  Once combined I added the flour.
4.  With the flour in there I kept stirring until completely mixed in.  Next I put the cheese, stirred until melted, and then finally the Truffle Oil, stirring all the while. 
5.  Lastly I added salt and pepper to taste and voila it was done!

No comments: