Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Entry

Today I decided to create a blog. It seems like the popular thing to do plus my projects and ideas are expanding beyond the space my brain has available.

My latest project came to fruition this weekend when I created two wall hangings with sewn birds on them. I basically printed bird shapes from Microsoft Publisher and used them as templates. I cut the paper up, traced them onto the fabric and sewed the shapes onto the main fabric piece. A few clicks of the staple gun and they were on the canvas. The point was to have mismatching fabrics and freyed seams (mom's not a fan of the seams), but I like how it came out.
If I was to do it over again i'd probably use a less 'busy' fabric for the base, but I couldn't resist how well this fabric matches the rest of the room it is hung in.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I really like this Ki. It looks cool and the fabrics are very "you." Very rad idea.